Super Bowl Aftermath | Forum

Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Feb 6
Well, the Falcons took it to the Patriots in the first half, nearly shutting them out of the game, before the Patriots seemed to realize "oh wait, we're the Patriots" and then not only came back, but managed to knock the Falcons totally over in overtime.

I think it sucks, and though I'm no football analyst, I would place more blame on the Falcons coming undone than any particular maneuvers the Patriots engaged in to salvage the game.

I don't know, what do you think?
spiderfan
spiderfan Feb 6
Well, the Falcons had multiple opportunities to close the game out. In fact up until OT I thought the Falcons were going to win the game. I agree with Mike Florio of PFT though having OT end with one team scoring a TD is kinda lame. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/...h-the-overtime-rule/
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Feb 6
If it's going to end as soon as someone scores, they should really rename "overtime" to "SUDDEN DEATH", as it's both more accurate, and would drive ratings. "Man, the game was great until they tied, and then Brady won it during SUDDEN DEATH." sounds better than "The Falcons fell over like a toddler on ice once they went into overtime."

I'm still bitter I guess- I really hoped that the team that beat the Pack would have been able to take it to the Patriots, but you just don't stop the #1 team like that I suppose. Not that the Pack would have fared any better had they gone to face the Patriots.

In a really sick way, I almost wish we'd have lost to the Cowboys. The way they were put together, they would have probably given the Patriots a run for their money too.

Oh well, now we're onto basketball and hockey until Baseball starts up again, not that Wisconsin has much to look forward to in any of those categories. The St. Louis Blues are doing pretty good this year...
spiderfan
spiderfan Feb 7

Quote from Maklarr4000 If it's going to end as soon as someone scores, they should really rename "overtime" to "SUDDEN DEATH", as it's both more accurate, and would drive ratings. "Man, the game was great until they tied, and then Brady won it during SUDDEN DEATH." sounds better than "The Falcons fell over like a toddler on ice once they went into overtime."

I'm still bitter I guess- I really hoped that the team that beat the Pack would have been able to take it to the Patriots, but you just don't stop the #1 team like that I suppose. Not that the Pack would have fared any better had they gone to face the Patriots.

In a really sick way, I almost wish we'd have lost to the Cowboys. The way they were put together, they would have probably given the Patriots a run for their money too.

Oh well, now we're onto basketball and hockey until Baseball starts up again, not that Wisconsin has much to look forward to in any of those categories. The St. Louis Blues are doing pretty good this year...
Well, Tebow is playing minor league ball. That is gonna be interesting. Also, Indoor Football League season is starting with the Green Bay Blizzard. You can watch those game free on GoogleTube so that is also probably worth checking out. 
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Feb 8
Hey now, that sounds like fun! Hmm... Green Bay Blizzard... just another team to be fanatically loyal to I suppose.

Seriously, thanks for the tip, I didn't know that even existed!
spiderfan
spiderfan Feb 8

Quote from Maklarr4000 Hey now, that sounds like fun! Hmm... Green Bay Blizzard... just another team to be fanatically loyal to I suppose.

Seriously, thanks for the tip, I didn't know that even existed!
Your welcome. I'm gonna start watching the IFL myself and I knew that you would be interested in some Wisconsin football. The games are going to be on the IFL GoogleTube channel so look up "indoor football league" and subscribe to their channel so you don't miss a game! If you don't get a chance to watch the games live they will have them on demand. 

The first Blizzard game is on the 17th and is against the Cedar Rapids Titans... whose QB is Dylan Favre the nephew of Brett himself. 

Here is a thread that will help you out in learning about the IFL rules some. 

http://sportscoasttocoast.proboards.com/thread/1457/new-ifl-experts-help-out 

Here are some highlights of the Blizzards 69-68 win vs the Nebraska Danger. 

The Forum post is edited by spiderfan Feb 8
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Feb 9
Sweet! Thanks Spiderfan, you rock!
spiderfan
spiderfan Feb 10

Quote from Maklarr4000 Sweet! Thanks Spiderfan, you rock!
Your welcome. Glad I could help ya out.