Nuclear energy, our only option for our future. | Forum

quietpickles
quietpickles Apr 27

Quote from Mattwo You're still making large assumptions as to why this is. I mean Hiroshima and bombs? Really? Isn't it also entirely possible that they simply have an issue with nuclear energy not being good for the environment? Not to mention that this says nothing about the specific type of nuclear energy you are talking about which, unless I am being mislead, is apparently safer and cleaner, making the entire poll entirely irrelevant to this particular conversation.

Come back when you have evidence that can properly support your claims.
When I asked why on another forum that is 97% Democrat, nuclear weapons was what they kept coming back to. Secondly, the pollers never asked "what do you think about nuclear energy using our current technology", it was "what do you think of nuclear energy". The concept of splitting an atom apart to make power. And coming back to that other forum post, I brought up the new technology and they pretty much all were unconvinced. Maybe only one was actually interested in hearing the safety features, the others acted like it was PWR with a new name and an untested fuel source.
The Forum post is edited by quietpickles Apr 27
Mattwo
Mattwo May 5

Quote from quietpickles
When I asked why on another forum that is 97% Democrat, nuclear weapons was what they kept coming back to. Secondly, the pollers never asked "what do you think about nuclear energy using our current technology", it was "what do you think of nuclear energy". The concept of splitting an atom apart to make power. And coming back to that other forum post, I brought up the new technology and they pretty much all were unconvinced. Maybe only one was actually interested in hearing the safety features, the others acted like it was PWR with a new name and an untested fuel source.

Quote from quietpickles
No,to liberals the word nuclear is ALWAYS preceding the words bomb or meltdown and spraying green shit everywhere. They prefer the nearly identical geothermal power because there haven't been any reported deaths.
Quote from quietpickles How big of a market is left-leaners that don't associate nuke with Hiroshima, though? Sure, I did generalise, but by how much was I wrong?

One of these things is not like the others.
The Forum post is edited by Mattwo May 5
quietpickles
quietpickles May 6

Quote from Mattwo
Quote from quietpickles

Quote from quietpickles
No,to liberals the word nuclear is ALWAYS preceding the words bomb or meltdown and spraying green shit everywhere. They prefer the nearly identical geothermal power because there haven't been any reported deaths.
Quote from quietpickles How big of a market is left-leaners that don't associate nuke with Hiroshima, though? Sure, I did generalise, but by how much was I wrong?

One of these things is not like the others.
Is "people think of nuclear weapons"  and "people think of PWRs"  mutually exclusive?
Mattwo
Mattwo May 13
Doesn't matter, you were pushing the atom bomb angle more.
quietpickles
quietpickles May 19

Quote from Mattwo Doesn't matter, you were pushing the atom bomb angle more.
. . .Here. There, my only question was asking why they were anti-nuclear. They were the ones telling me why, and that was what they ended up on. There were a handful of people who were more familiar with nuclear power than "green = bad", half of them were pro-nuclear, the other half anti.
The Forum post is edited by quietpickles May 19
Mattwo
Mattwo May 23
Is it really that difficult to admit that you don't have a clue on what you're talking about?
The Forum post is edited by Mattwo May 23
Pages: « 1 2