Zippcast reboot shut down!! | Forum

trebleknight
trebleknight May 20
The shutdown of Zippcast isn't official yet, Louis has not released any announcement.
I can't say I'm surprised, but with Zippcasts history and this recent events it is unlikely that anyone will give the site a chance ever again.
craftinglord21 released  a video on the subject https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1MsDh3-UFc&t=0s
The Forum post is edited by trebleknight May 20
spiderfan
spiderfan May 22

Quote from trebleknightbut with Zippcasts history and this recent events it is unlikely that anyone will give the site a chance ever again.
I sure hope not. 
BennyD
BennyD May 24
Hope isn't needed for this, my good fellow. Between Vidme dominating the indy scene, and the lackluster advertising done by Louis, ZC hasn't got a chance.
Quote from spiderfan
Quote from trebleknightbut with Zippcasts history and this recent events it is unlikely that anyone will give the site a chance ever again.
I sure hope not. 

Mattwo
Mattwo May 25
Yea, just wait until Vidme's admins get fully revealed to be the shady as fuck assholes they really are. That's going to shake things up a bit.

I can only hope that YouTube will shape up by then...
spiderfan
spiderfan May 25

Quote from Mattwo Yea, just wait until Vidme's admins get fully revealed to be the shady as fuck assholes they really are. That's going to shake things up a bit.

GoogleTube won't get back in shape until Wojcicki is out as the head. Even then, I doubt things would improve. 
Mattwo
Mattwo May 30

Quote from spiderfan
Quote from Mattwo Yea, just wait until Vidme's admins get fully revealed to be the shady as fuck assholes they really are. That's going to shake things up a bit.

GoogleTube won't get back in shape until Wojcicki is out as the head. Even then, I doubt things would improve. 
Wojcicki isn't the problem, Google's executive meddling is. I've seen more than enough evidence of this. People have pointed out that there seems to be a part of YouTube that wants to legitimately help creators and another that wants to keep shafting us but the fact of the matter is, YouTube itself isn't the problem, Google is.

You keep calling it "GoogleTube", I thought you understood this?

Besides, if they got rid of Wojcicki, they'd just replace her with an actual corporate drone. Do you really want that?
The Forum post is edited by Mattwo May 30
spiderfan
spiderfan May 30

Quote from Mattwo
Quote from spiderfan

Wojcicki isn't the problem, Google's executive meddling is. I've seen more than enough evidence of this. People have pointed out that there seems to be a part of YouTube that wants to legitimately help creators and another that wants to keep shafting us but the fact of the matter is, YouTube itself isn't the problem, Google is.

You keep calling it "GoogleTube", I thought you understood this?

Besides, if they got rid of Wojcicki, they'd just replace her with an actual corporate drone. Do you really want that?
Yes, but at this point Google and YT have been together so long, I'm not really sure who to blame. If it is Google executive meddling, Wojcicki is technically a Google exec so...
Mattwo
Mattwo May 31
It's not really the same thing. If there's two conflicting sides to the issue, then clearly YouTube is the side that still cares about their creators. Only executives have that kind of authority after all.
The Forum post is edited by Mattwo May 31
Zain_117
Zain_117 Jun 17
Is Zippcast permanently gone? I can't find the site or Facebook page.
Mattwo
Mattwo Jun 17
It's never permanently gone.
AdamKNAC
AdamKNAC Sep 19
If you go to zippcast.com right this is what you get on the home page.

The Forum post is edited by AdamKNAC Sep 19
Zain_117
Zain_117 Yesterday, 01:25PM

Quote from AdamKNAC If you go to zippcast.com right this is what you get on the home page.

It used to throw me an error for it not existing, only the domain existed not the website.
spiderfan
spiderfan Yesterday, 06:39PM

Quote from Zain_117
Quote from AdamKNAC If you go to zippcast.com right this is what you get on the home page.

It used to throw me an error for it not existing, only the domain existed not the website.
But now this site exists. I still would like to know who owns this iteration of ZC. 
NJP Admin
NJP Yesterday, 10:17PM
I have to say that I do like the new logo though.
spiderfan
spiderfan Yesterday, 11:14PM

Quote from NJP I have to say that I do like the new logo though.

I liked the old ZC logo better. This new one looks like the Washington State logo