Vid.me to Shut Down | Forum

Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Dec 4
On Decmeber 1st, popular independent video sharing website Vid.Me announced that they would be winding up operations, and shutting down the site on December 15th. It is a very sad affair to say the least. Vid.Me has been around since 2014, and to see something so popular and seemingly successful fall away is always painful. It hurt to see Revver go, Blip, Vessel, Vine, the list goes on... The world is undeniably poorer for the loss of Vid.me.

Vid.me's official statement HERE.

Story is HERE.

Farewell happy astronaut, you will be missed.
spiderfan
spiderfan Dec 4
So will Vidlii embedding come to replace Vidme on Metajolt?
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Dec 7

Quote from spiderfan So will Vidlii embedding come to replace Vidme on Metajolt?

I would be interested, but I have not spoken to anyone from Vidlii in a very long time. I hate to bug them about something like this over the holidays, so I'll give them a shout in the new year.

In the interim, we are adding BitChute support, and we may have a line on Upload Stars/Society as well; I'll keep you posted.
spiderfan
spiderfan Dec 7

Quote from Maklarr4000
Quote from spiderfan So will Vidlii embedding come to replace Vidme on Metajolt?

I would be interested, but I have not spoken to anyone from Vidlii in a very long time. I hate to bug them about something like this over the holidays, so I'll give them a shout in the new year.

In the interim, we are adding BitChute support, and we may have a line on Upload Stars/Society as well; I'll keep you posted.
Ok then.