The Greenlight Situation | Forum

Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Jul 2 '16

Quote from Mattwo The greenlight giveth, and the greenlight taketh away.

Either way, if Digital Homicide loses to Jim Sterling, he's probably going to file countersuit and then they'll be gone.

Edit: Here's a court record https://www.pacermonitor.com/...330/Romine_v_Stanton
The whole notion that Jim Sterling and DH-Studios are actually going to court is pretty crazy in and of itself, so I can hardly imagine what a counter-suit would look like considering all their studio has done. Absolutely crazy- I sure hope they got rich off of Greenlight before all this came down, because they're going to need it.

Galvanized_Dreamer
Galvanized_Dreamer Jul 3 '16
You guys might like this, from a thread over on the group forums:

Frûnderman Jul 2 @ 11:58am     

Latest update 
http://mmofallout.com/ipe-update-judge-strikes-down-digital-homicide/
The Forum post is edited by Galvanized_Dreamer Jul 3 '16
Mattwo
Mattwo Jul 15 '16
Yea it looks like the case is going to get dismissed. I hear Rommie doesn't even have a lawyer and has no godly idea what he is even doing.
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Jul 15 '16

Quote from Mattwo Yea it looks like the case is going to get dismissed. I hear Rommie doesn't even have a lawyer and has no godly idea what he is even doing.

In a twist no one saw coming, ridiculous clown has no concept of how the legal system works!

The judge just spared both parties a hideous embarrassment. Too funny!
Mattwo
Mattwo Jul 15 '16
It's already too late for Rommie to be spared embarrassment. That ship sailed as soon as Jim Sterling put Digital Homicide's games in his sights.
The Forum post is edited by Mattwo Jul 15 '16
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Jul 16 '16

Quote from Mattwo It's already too late for Rommie to be spared embarrassment. That ship sailed as soon as Jim Sterling put Digital Homicide's games in his sights.

I probably should have said "further" embarrassment. You are absolutely right that this has been pretty embarrassing for everyone all along anyway.
Mattwo
Mattwo Jul 17 '16
Well Jim Sterling seems to be taking the whole thing in stride. The guy puts sex toys in his show though so I don't think he's ever really been bothered by something like embarrassment.

...Or modesty of any sort...
The Forum post is edited by Mattwo Jul 17 '16
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Jul 17 '16

Quote from Mattwo Well Jim Sterling seems to be taking the whole thing in stride. The guy puts sex toys in his show though so I don't think he's ever really been bothered by something like embarrassment.

This is true.
spiderfan
spiderfan Jul 17 '16

Quote from Maklarr4000
Quote from Mattwo Well Jim Sterling seems to be taking the whole thing in stride. The guy puts sex toys in his show though so I don't think he's ever really been bothered by something like embarrassment.

This is true.
I watch the Jimquistion every Monday. IMO Jim is brilliant. 
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Jul 17 '16

Quote from spiderfan
Quote from Maklarr4000

This is true.

I just love the notion that some clowns actually tried to sue Jim; it's the thing I find most amusing about this whole fiasco they've made for themselves. The childish level of thought that went into that decision is breathtaking in it's stupidity.
spiderfan
spiderfan Jul 18 '16

Quote from Maklarr4000
Quote from spiderfan
Quote from Maklarr4000

This is true.

I just love the notion that some clowns actually tried to sue Jim; it's the thing I find most amusing about this whole fiasco they've made for themselves. The childish level of thought that went into that decision is breathtaking in it's stupidity.
For 10 million bucks no less. 
Mattwo
Mattwo Jul 18 '16
What I don't get is why Jim is constantly lumped in with Moviebob. Sure he said some pro-feminist things but he's nowhere near as bad or crazy or delusional or stuck in the past as Moviebob is.

Besides, they're hardly the only times Jim has railed on the idiocy of AAA publishers.

(Also if anyone thinks Jimquisition is unlikable because of a smug attitude, show them a pale imitation like Lilly Peet's "A glass of water" series)
The Forum post is edited by Mattwo Jul 18 '16
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Jul 18 '16

Quote from spiderfan
Quote from Maklarr4000
Quote from spiderfan
Quote from Maklarr4000

This is true.

For 10 million bucks no less. 

It all makes sense now.
Galvanized_Dreamer
Galvanized_Dreamer Sep 17 '16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbwEiaJfOU0

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/digitalhomicides/discussions/1/350542145695428480/

That's it, DigiHom has been wiped from Steam! THAT my friends, is what happens when you subpoena a multi-million dollar company for personal information of users you want to sue for $18+ Million. 

Edit: It seems that the majority of forum threads on Steam can't be viewed on a browser other than the Steam Client. That explains a lot.

The Forum post is edited by Galvanized_Dreamer Sep 17 '16
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Sep 20 '16
Welp, we can only hope that this is the end of Digital Homicide. You can't "Sue" your customers for not liking you, nor can you "sue" anyone for free speech about your product. Good riddance to them indeed.
Pages: « 1 2