Overwatch: Does it stack up? | Forum

Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Jul 2 '16
So, I've heard a lot about Overwatch lately. A lot of people are playing it, and I've heard it's great fun. The game I hear it most often compared to is Team Fortress 2, a game very near and dear to my heart, so it gets points there. My question is more for players- how does it stack up?

I've seen it played online somewhat, and a little bit that Cam streamed once, and it looks to play very much like TF2, but I'm not sure how players would describe it. How does the game handle? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it?

And finally, as I am plotting to get it sometime later this month, is there any advice a "n00b" fresh of the boat should know before diving in?

Any and all advice on this is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
The Forum post is edited by Maklarr4000 Jul 2 '16
BennyD
BennyD Jul 3 '16
I would HIGHLY recommend that you find a team of people to group up with.  I'm not sure what platform you'll be on, but on xBox, quickplay tends to match you up with idiots who don't know what they're doing.
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Jul 3 '16

Quote from BennyD I would HIGHLY recommend that you find a team of people to group up with.  I'm not sure what platform you'll be on, but on xBox, quickplay tends to match you up with idiots who don't know what they're doing.

As a player who sucks at most games, I suspect I would be the "idiot" in that scenario.
Mattwo
Mattwo Jul 5 '16
TF2 has more replay value with mods and custom maps.

Because overwatch was basically a stripped down "Project Titan" the game itself has no real story(though similar to Heroes of the Storm there is some pre-match banter between certain characters and they generally have a bit more personality to them than TF2 characters as a whole (things like character design and how they act and move during gameplay all had more work put into each character )), only the extended media has story similar to TF2.

Overall I'd currently recommend sticking with TF2. TF2 is free to play (with a purchase minimum of a dollar to get the full game experience unless I'm mistaken), has more gamemodes and has more maps.

That said, the extended media is really the main draw of Overwatch to begin with so you should definitely check all of that stuff out.
The Forum post is edited by Mattwo Jul 5 '16