The Retirement of Hellspawn392 (AKA x51dg) | Forum

spiderfan
spiderfan Aug 26 '16
So I still keep up with various users that were on the site that shall not be named. This is not a surprise to some of you. However when I was browsing I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiquNJ93OeBKlUHArRgWr9g

If it is deleted then the message displayed is this:

Alright, ladies and gents, boys and girls. This is it. I am officially retiring completely. This isn't because of the little amount of views, or any bullshit like that. I am literally burnt out from this. So burnt out to the point where I literally have to force myself to be motivated to make videos. I can't ever decide which topic I'd like to discuss without wanting to talk about another at the same time, and it's no longer fun for me anymore. I figured anytime when you have to force yourself to do anything, there's no passion in it. And no, I'm not joining any fuckin' YouTube clone site like VidBit, Upload Society, or Wenoo. They all suck balls. After experiencing what I did towards the end of ZippCast's run, I've learned this, these clone sites are mostly full of shit, they're unreliable, and their userbase is filled with a bunch of idiots, trolls, old ass ascii spammers, and drama queens who refuse to let the past go.

His video comments are also disabled. I'm surprised he hasn't closed the account as of this writing. At this point the big users that were on the site that shall not be named that are still on the internet are: Mattwo, Maklarr4000, and myself. Though I would also throw out names like Benny D (as he was friends with everybody in that group) and MrATAndreiThomas. 

Before he retired I asked if I could take the name "Here's a commentary" as that was the title of his videos on the site that shall not be named. He said I could. That was the last time I talked to him. So I figured I'd post this here as I knew 1.) The most eyeballs would see it and 2.) A lot of people on this site would be at least somewhat familiar with his work. So that is that. As Spawn said in his videos: I'm out. 

The Forum post is edited by spiderfan Aug 26 '16
Maklarr4000 Meta
Maklarr4000 Aug 27 '16
Sorry to hear he moved on. Another casualty of the rift.
Mattwo
Mattwo Aug 28 '16

Quote from spiderfan 

His video comments are also disabled. I'm surprised he hasn't closed the account as of this writing. At this point the big users that were on the site that shall not be named that are still on the internet are: Mattwo, Maklarr4000, and myself. Though I would also throw out names like Benny D (as he was friends with everybody in that group) and MrATAndreiThomas.

Regardless of the accusations of sockpuppeting were true or not, I'm pretty sure MrATAndreiThomas had the most subscribed channel so why did you sidenote him? I mean it doesn't matter how he got there, he was legitimately at the top.

I mean, just so we're clear I don't like to stroke his ego that rivals the likes of those of Jason David Frank and Seto Kaiba but still...
The Forum post is edited by Mattwo Aug 28 '16
NJP Admin
NJP Aug 28 '16
I think he was referring to the most active users in the Forum on ZC.
spiderfan
spiderfan Aug 28 '16

Quote from Mattwo
Quote from spiderfan 

Regardless of the accusations of sockpuppeting were true or not, I'm pretty sure MrATAndreiThomas had the most subscribed channel so why did you sidenote him? I mean it doesn't matter how he got there, he was legitimately at the top.

I mean, just so we're clear I don't like to stroke his ego that rivals the likes of those of Jason David Frank and Seto Kaiba but still...
The problem is he was big in 2014 and then was away from the site that shall not be named for a while. After that he was banned permanently. 
AlissonDatJerkfaceLiar

Alright, ladies and gents, boys and girls. This is it. I am officially retiring completely. This isn't because of the little amount of views, or any bullshit like that. I am literally burnt out from this. So burnt out to the point where I literally have to force myself to be motivated to make videos. I can't ever decide which topic I'd like to discuss without wanting to talk about another at the same time, and it's no longer fun for me anymore. I figured anytime when you have to force yourself to do anything, there's no passion in it. And no, I'm not joining any fuckin' YouTube clone site like VidBit, Upload Society, or Wenoo. They all suck balls. After experiencing what I did towards the end of ZippCast's run, I've learned this, these clone sites are mostly full of shit, they're unreliable, and their userbase is filled with a bunch of idiots, trolls, old ass ascii spammers, and drama queens who refuse to let the past go.

Awwww, thanks sweetie!

It's so sad... I wonder now what will the 20 people who viewed your channel do? Specially after you destroyed me with that video full of truths and sick burns? Excuse me while I go over there to cry in a corner when knowing my channel isn't a complete failure.

spiderfan
spiderfan Aug 28 '16

Quote from AlissonDatJerkfaceLiar

Awwww, thanks sweetie!

It's so sad... I wonder now what will the 20 people who viewed your channel do? Specially after you destroyed me with that video full of truths and sick burns? Excuse me while I go over there to cry in a corner when knowing my channel isn't a complete failure.

Honestly, I think he is talking about me as I kept telling him about the ongoing drama surrounding both Metajolt and Vidi Nation. Though he could be talking about you or both of us. I agree with ya on the fact that leaving alternative sites wasn't a good idea. If he would have joined Vidbit or Metajolt or both I think he would have had more success and might not have retired. But he did not. Therefore his run on GoogleTube didn't pan out great (though he only uploaded a few non-ZC re-uploads). Now the "ZC elite" have shrunk with both x51dg and CaptainNnif leaving the internet. Smiley has left too though he told me that when MJ comes back he will comeback. I can only hope that for the earlier 2. 
AlissonDatJerkfaceLiar

Quote from spiderfan
I agree with ya on the fact that leaving alternative sites wasn't a good idea.
I never said that, nor do I think that. Leaving alternate websites is actually a good idea, if you're talking about my statement that my channel isn't a complete failure, I meant my YouTube one.
spiderfan
spiderfan Aug 29 '16

Quote from spiderfan
I never said that, nor do I think that. Leaving alternate websites is actually a good idea, if you're talking about my statement that my channel isn't a complete failure, I meant my YouTube one.
Well, I knew you were talking about your GoogleTube channel. IMO the failure (if you want to call it that) of his channel was because he left alternative sites. I totally disagree with you that leaving alternative sites is a good idea. That's just my opinion though.
BennyD
BennyD Aug 31 '16
Well, that's certainly bad news. He had some pretty good videos going for him.

This reminds me of a user on Z-Word called John, or JohnVlogsTV as he was known on YT. I'm sure somebody on this forum remembers him. He was making some videos and then he just vanished. Either way, it'll be different without the punisher.
spiderfan
spiderfan Aug 31 '16

Quote from BennyD Well, that's certainly bad news. He had some pretty good videos going for him.

This reminds me of a user on Z-Word called John, or JohnVlogsTV as he was known on YT. I'm sure somebody on this forum remembers him. He was making some videos and then he just vanished. Either way, it'll be different without the punisher.
Yeah, I just am starting do to commentaries too. Shame he didn't get to see em. As I've said before he will be missed. 
Mattwo
Mattwo Sep 1 '16

Awwww, thanks sweetie!

He didn't specify anyone. It could be any combination of you, Spiderfan, Louis and other people I might not know of. You of all people should know better. Even if it pains me to admit it, you still are one of the smartest people around here.

Edit: Actually it's most likely something you wouldn't know about but should have expected: All the Zippcast hate trending on VidBit just like the "googletube" hate on Zippcast. And when VidBit dies in 2-6 years (because really these sites pretty much never last more than 5, let alone 6) the cycle will continue.

Quote from spiderfan
I never said that, nor do I think that. Leaving alternate websites is actually a good idea

Why? Using them on the side in addition to YT isn't hurting him any. If anything it at least gives him like 5 more viewers and for people who barely get an audience, you kind of have to take what you can get.

Also DMCA takedown evasion has to happen somewhere. Dailymotion? Fuck that noise! The only actually good backup is Internet Archive with links in an announcement video on YT though, I will admit that much.

The Forum post is edited by Mattwo Sep 1 '16
spiderfan
spiderfan Sep 1 '16

Quote from Mattwo

Awwww, thanks sweetie!

He didn't specify anyone. It could be any combination of you, Spiderfan, Louis and other people I might not know of. You of all people should know better. Even if it pains me to admit it, you still are one of the smartest people around here.

Edit: Actually it's most likely something you wouldn't know about but should have expected: All the Zippcast hate trending on VidBit just like the "googletube" hate on Zippcast. And when VidBit dies in 2-6 years (because really these sites pretty much never last more than 5, let alone 6) the cycle will continue.

Here is the thing. The return of MJ is unknown. The return of ZC is unknown. The lasting of Vidbit is unknown (though I bet it will last a while being that it hasn't even reached beta yet). We also know that GoogleTube has decided to unmonetize videos in an effort to become "advertiser friendly". Which because the only reason any of the big content creators are on GoogleTube is to pay the bills... you might see some people leave. Where they will go? That is also unknown. 

The unknown's in all this is crazy. But I do know where I'm at and I'm happy about it. 

AlissonDatJerkfaceLiar

Quote from Mattwo
Biggest chance is: He's talking about me. I'm the one who reserved the special title of "Drama Queen Who Lives in The Past" by most of the forums and I not once seen him using him that on someone else. If it's not me, then he's definitely including a part of me on that definition.

Quote from Mattwo
Why? Using them on the side in addition to YT isn't hurting him any. If anything it at least gives him like 5 more viewers and for people who barely get an audience, you kind of have to take what you can get.
Because you said it yourself: "cause really these sites pretty much never last more than 5, let alone 6"
The only one I'd think is worthy giving a crack is Vimeo, and even so, I'd only use it if it was the last place I wanted to get an audience. DailyMotion and others suck balls and their players are malfunctioning memory-hogging pieces of crap.
spiderfan
spiderfan Sep 1 '16

The only one I'd think is worthy giving a crack is Vimeo, and even so, I'd only use it if it was the last place I wanted to get an audience. DailyMotion and others suck balls and their players are malfunctioning memory-hogging pieces of crap.
Wrong answer. Vidbit is the only one worth anything. Considering that you can't really get much of an audience on GoogleTube at this point (and if you do they do everything in their power to ruin your accomplishments) Vidbit is the only way to go. 
AlissonDatJerkfaceLiar

Quote from spiderfan
Wrong answer. Vidbit is the only one worth anything. Considering that you can't really get much of an audience on GoogleTube at this point (and if you do they do everything in their power to ruin your accomplishments) Vidbit is the only way to go. 
Vimeo:
- Been up since 12 years ago.
- Offers good 480p playback quality.
- Has a lightweight, easy-to-use player with no annoying auto-play or auto-quality.
- HD quality button instead of a 720p/1080p/4k clusterfuck.
- Reasonable weekly uploading quota.

VidBit:
- Been around for, what? 6 months?
- Video quality reeks.
- The player is really annoying and out of place.
- THIS ERROR MESSAGE
- 200MB for every video as much times as you want.

Needless to say, I don't believe VidBit will last or at least keep video uploading alive forever.
The Forum post is edited by AlissonDatJerkfaceLiar Sep 2 '16
spiderfan
spiderfan Sep 2 '16

Quote from spiderfan
Vimeo:
- Been up since 12 years ago.
- Offers good 480p playback quality.
- Has a lightweight, easy-to-use player with no annoying auto-play or auto-quality.
- HD quality button instead of a 720p/1080p/4k clusterfuck.
- Reasonable weekly uploading quota.

VidBit:
- Been around for, what? 6 months?
- Video quality reeks.
- The player is really annoying and out of place.
- THIS ERROR MESSAGE
- 200MB for every video as much times as you want.

Needless to say, I don't believe VidBit will last or at least keep video uploading alive forever.
You also have to pay to get Vimeo to be worth anything and a side note Vidbit is still in alpha. It's going to improve and yes, I know you're going to say "same as saying the new core is going to fix everything" Well, 1.) I was a part of the beta and it looked awesome and 2.) It would have made the site that shall not be named a whole lot better. It's just that Jerkface ran ZC. 

So I'm more inclined to believe the admin of Vidbit than Jerkface. Also, for someone like myself who won't ever use GoogleTube as my main site (or even a co-upload site for that matter) Vidbit is the only way to go. 

AlissonDatJerkfaceLiar

Quote from spiderfan
You also have to pay to get Vimeo to be worth anything and a side note Vidbit is still in alpha.

Interestingly, even if I don't pay Vimeo, I still get to upload more than VidBit.

Quote from spiderfan
I know you're going to say "same as saying the new core is going to fix everything" Well, 1.) I was a part of the beta and it looked awesome and 2.) It would have made the site that shall not be named a whole lot better. It's just that Jerkface ran ZC.

I wasn't gonna say that, and I don't care which part of beta you took part in, that beta was never tested on full-potential.

Quote from spiderfan
So I'm more inclined to believe the admin of Vidbit than Jerkface. Also, for someone like myself who won't ever use GoogleTube as my main site (or even a co-upload site for that matter) Vidbit is the only way to go.

Not a question of believing in who can manage the best, all the odds are against these kind of websites. Specially now that, according to Louis, 75% of the userbase uses AdBlock. If every user has migrated to VidBit, that means its business model is unsustainable and will eventually crash.
spiderfan
spiderfan Sep 2 '16

Not a question of believing in who can manage the best, all the odds are against these kind of websites. Specially now that, according to Louis, 75% of the userbase uses AdBlock. If every user has migrated to VidBit, that means its business model is unsustainable and will eventually crash.
Wait, has Jerkface talked to you? How do you know that 75 percent of Vidbit's users use Adblock. 
AlissonDatJerkfaceLiar

Quote from spiderfan
Wait, has Jerkface talked to you? How do you know that 75 percent of Vidbit's users use Adblock. 
No, he simply said it on the forums before shutting ZC down. And I know 75% of Vidbit's users use it because that place was a desert before being spammed to hell on every ZC page, so basically, Vidbit's users are the same 75% Adblock using ZC users.
The Forum post is edited by AlissonDatJerkfaceLiar Sep 2 '16
Pages: 1 2 »